2008年11月13日 星期四

Reflection

At first, I don’t have any idea about the topic of my essay, not to mention to turn in my homework before the deadline. Many of my classmates also gave me many suggestions for reference. It is no doubt that choosing a good topic that combined with one self’s interests is time-consuming. Thus, it manifests the importance of finding a good topic.

After a long time of searching information on the internet and through much consideration about the subject which is appropriate and interesting for me to develop, I find many topics and subjects that are related to the plastic surgery. I think that through the research of this topic, I might get more realized about the emerging culture of the plastic surgery. I think this topic is more interesting and workable than any other essays such as race or sex issues.
To begin with, I make a discussion about the ethical problem of having plastic surgery and the controversial ideas accompany with the surgery. Does having plastic surgery obey the natural laws of creation? Lately, I found that it is really difficult to make more stretch about the ethical aspects. After all, this research involves too many philosophic thinking.

To make my essay more smoothly precede, I try to find another aspect of thinking related to the plastic surgery. At last, I decide to make research about the relationship between the social values and the culture of plastic surgery. The study of social aspect is much more workable and interesting than the topic before.

However, the change of the topic means the reorganization of thinking. Besides overthrown the old thinking, it is also practicable to put some of the original ideas in the new use. But be care of the conflicting ideas which will make contradiction to the new argument.

From the brainstorming of prewriting to the production of an essay, the writer’s blocks are unavoidable. For me, the most difficult problem of my essay writing is how to have a wider thinking about the topic. One of the resolutions to this problem is to explore more about the information and references which might give me more understanding about this topic. In fact, there are still miles of ways before I writing a presentable essay.

1 則留言:

M.Y. 提到...

It is interesting to explore how self-image and related concepts (e.g., self-confidence, self esteem, emotion) influence one's personal and professional lives. Would the change of appearance elicit comments from friends and family members, especially when it involves changing an ethnic or family trait?