2009年1月8日 星期四

Reflection 2

Reflection 2

This is the second meeting in this semester. Different from the first one, this time I have all my four annotations in the blog although they are not fully complete and organized. The main point of this meeting is focusing on the midterm exam paper. The original one which we have done in few months ago is really different from the revised version. This time, we have the comments from all the classmates in this class which sums total eleven. We need to adopt members’ comments and try to revise our article. However, this is really difficult for one person to make a big modification of his writing style which has been rooted in our inner patterns of grammatical system. Sometimes we know the problems of our own; nevertheless to accept the comments is one thing, to modify is another. Indeed, it is really difficult to modify the writing problems, but I will try my best to pay more attention to the blind points in the process of writing.

The main problem in my writing is the incoherence of each paragraph. The use of the conjunction words in the articles is really important. The way to connect your ideas is by using the conjunctions to make the whole article more fluent and organized. After the discussing with teacher and classmates, I learned some ideas and problems in my writing and also got the information of how to write my article well.

In the next part, I want to talk about my topic of the final paper. It’s been a long time since the first reflection had been posted. I remember that I have decided to make research about the relationship between the social values and the culture of cosmetic surgery. However, after I decide to choose this topic, I found that it is really difficult to find the research paper relate to the topic of the relationship between cosmetic surgery and self-image. Indeed I have the difficulty in getting the information. However, after surfing the Internet for a long time, I finally find a useful website that provides me with lots of articles that are helpful for me to go further to my study.

After getting the information I want and finishing the four annotations, the most difficult thing is to connect all the articles you have written into a large and coherent paper. In the process of writing, I have met the problem in connecting the four annotations together. Actually every article stands for different points and ideas. You must organize your whole paper into the coherent one. One of the ways to make essay more coherent is by using the transitional and conjunctional words well. This problem has been raised as my serious blind point before. This time, I pay more attention to this part when revising the draft and try to delete some inappropriate paragraphs which may make the audiences have difficulty in understanding. It really takes time in doing this long essay; however, once you finish it, you may feel a sense of accomplishment and feel much relieved.

沒有留言: